HR Director for Business Unit SKB – Business Area (BA) Generation
SKB is looking for an HR Director, reporting to Vice President BU SKB (President of SKB AB).
SKB, Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company, is tasked with managing Swedish nuclear and radioactive waste in a safe way. In 2009 we selected a site for the Spent Fuel Repository and in 2011 we submitted the applications to build the repository in Forsmark.
Nuclear power companies in Sweden jointly established the Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company (SKB) in the 1970s. SKB’s assignment is to manage and dispose of all radioactive waste from Swedish nuclear power plants in such a way as to secure maximum safety for human beings and the environment. The assignment is so extensive that we see it as one of Sweden’s biggest environmental-protection projects.
The purpose of the HR Director role is to ensure that the HR strategy is properly executed and to meet the business needs in SKB. The HR Director shall also ensure that the Business HR organization within SKB is run efficiently, within the frameworks set by BA Generation HR and Corporate HR and also set efficiency targets that reflect the value adding to the business. The position holder will be a member of both the Management team of SKB and Management team of HR within BA Generation.
Since SKB has locations in Stockholm, Forsmark and Oskarshamn, travelling will be required. The HR department has approx.12 employees in all locations.
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
• Execution of the HR Strategy
• HR Operations efficiency management
• Organizational Development and Change Management
• Talent Management Compensation and Benefits
• Recruitment and staffing
• People Performance Management
• Parts of Health & Safety
• Industrial Relations
• Competence development
• HR administration and pay roll
• Relevant academic degree (preferably Human resources or similar)
• Solid competence in HR Strategy and the main HR processes
• Senior experience from Management Team work and from supporting executive leaders
• Experience in managing teams in constant change and challenging environments
• Proven successful leadership record
• Fluency in English and in Swedish
• SKB is a nuclear license holder, experience from the nuclear industry or similar is a merit
We are looking for you who have:
• A strategic and analytical perspective, and a vision for the people perspective in the business
• A proactive and performance focused profile – you like to drive change and to work in partnership with the business
• Stakeholder management skills and the ability to take on different perspectives
• Courage and integrity
• Well-structured working methods
• An interest in leading and developing people, and a clear, visible and courageous leadership style
Location: Stockholm, Forsmark/Östhammar or Oskarshamn
Process and time line:
Please send your application together with your CV and a personal letter in ENGLISH no later than September 29, 2016 via Vattenfalls website. Interviews may take place during the application time so we encourage you to send in your CV and personal letter as soon as possible. By sending your application you also accept that we use your MP-data and previous assessment result.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact VP BU SKB Christopher Eckerberg +46 70 814 51 32 or VP Business HR, Dag Svensson, +46 70 539 55 73.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Marika Westman (Saco-SKB), 08-459 85 29, Carina Gottfridsson (Unionen), 0491-76 32 30, Bo Johansson (Ledarna), 073-807 23 23
We continue to seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We are looking forward to your application!
Svensk Kärnbränslehantering AB, SKB, har uppdraget att ta hand om allt radioaktivt avfall från de svenska kärnkraftverken. Det ska göras på ett säkert sätt för både människor och miljö. I dag driver vi två anläggningar, Slutförvaret för kortlivat radioaktivt avfall, SFR, i Forsmark och Mellanlagret för använt kärnbränsle, Clab, i Oskarshamn. Vi planerar också att bygga ett kärnbränsleförvar i Forsmark och en inkapslingsanläggning i Oskarshamn och har ansökt hos myndigheterna att få bygga ut Slutförvaret för kortlivat radioaktivt avfall för att kunna ta emot rivningsavfall från nedlagda svenska kärnkraftverk.